Thursday, November 3, 2016
Truth or dare? Fun Communication Game for the First Date
Truth or dare? is a mostly verbal party game requiring two or more players. Players are given the choice between answering a question truthfully, or performing a "dare", both of which are set by the other players. The game is particularly popular among adolescents and children, and is sometimes used as a forfeit when gambling. For simplicity and communicative stimulus, it also can be a great icebreaker at the first date, give that Truth or dare? game sessions may or may have not have particular sexual connotation to them.
Player 1 starts the game by asking another to choose "truth or dare". If Player 2 chooses "truth", then Player 1 asks a question, usually an embarrassing one, which Player 2 must answer truthfully. If Player 2 instead chooses "dare", then Player 1 dares them to do something, often embarrassing or dangerous, which they must do which can entail telling an embarrassing story or acting out embarrassingly. However, if Player 2 does not like the dare, they can request a new one to be asked and a dare can't undo a previous dare. After answering the question or performing the dare, Player 2 asks "truth or dare?" to another player, and the game continues. On occasion, someone might choose "double dare", which means that they and the person who dares them can have an action suggested for them to perform. A player cannot dare another to choose "truth". Likewise, a player cannot be dared to tell a "truth". Sometimes a bottle is used to be spun within the circle of players, to select between them. The cap or cork of the bottle indicates the next player to be questioned.
The game has existed for centuries, with at least one variant, "questions and commands", being attested as early as 1712:
A Christmas game, in which the commander bids his subjects to answer a question which is asked. If the subject refuses, or fails to satisfy the commander, he must pay a forfeit [follow a command] or have his face smutted [dirtied].
Truth or dare?-style games may ultimately derive from command games such as the ancient Greek basilinda (in Greek: Βασιλινδα) described by Julius Pollux, "in which we are told a king, elected by lot, commanded his comrades what they should perform"
Samples of Questions
You definitely should invent your own way of playing, selecting proper inquiries, based on the situation and your partner. However, we will give you some kind of boost, offering examples of the questions and dares, to start from:
1. What is your biggest fear in a relationship?
2. What was your funniest first date ever?
3. What is your biggest turn off in a partner?
4. What is your weirdest habit?
5. How many kids would you like to have?
6. What is the perfect first day?
7. What is one embarrassing fact I should know about you?
8. What was your childhood nickname?
9. What is your favorite movie?
10. Describe your worst date ever?
11. If there was no such thing as money, what would you do with your life?
12. What is your favorite food?
13. What are your three favorite colors, and why?
14. What is your dream job?
15. If you were trapped on an island for 3 days, what would you take with you?
16. Who is your favorite person and why?
17. Do you prefer apple or android?
18. How do you put your toilet paper on the roll?
19. What is your best talent?
20. Do you believe in love at first sight?
21. Do you believe in love at all?
22. What is your dream wedding?
23. Would you ever consider being a nudist?
24. How do you feel about end pieces of a loaf of bread?
25. Can you touch your tongue to your nose?
26. If you could take away one bad thing in the world, what would it be?
27. What is your guilty pleasure?
28. What is the most exotic food that you have ever eaten?
29. What country would like to live in if you had the chance?
30. If you could change one thing on your body, what would it be?
31. What do you daydream about the most?
32. Describe the weirdest dream you’ve ever had?
33. Can you lick your elbow?
34. Is the dress Black and Blue or Gold and White?
35. How do you feel about social media?
36. What is your favorite season of the year?
37. Could you go a week without junk food?
38. How was your first kiss?
39. Describe your worst kiss ever?
40. Do you like to exercise?
1. Impersonate of your favorite celebrity
2. Close your eyes and send a blind text to a random person
3. Go grab a broom and do your best tango
4. Give a 3-minute stand-up comedy routine
5. Break dance
6. Make up a story about the item to your right
7. Sing the alphabet without moving your mouth
8. Do your best president impression
9. Yell out the first word that comes to your mind right now
10. Call the pizza place and order 300 sardine pizzas
11. Pound on your chest and act like a gorilla for the next minute
12. Sing everything you say for the next 10 minutes
13. Give a foot massage
14. Say the alphabet backwards in 15 seconds
15. Go to the neighbor’s house and ask for a banana
16. Go up to someone random and ask for a hug
17. Set your cell phone language to Chinese for the next 10 minutes
18. Act like your favorite Disney character for the rest of the game
19. Sing “Twinkle Twinkle, Little Star” while beat boxing
20. Give a concert with your air guitar
21. Make a poem using the words orange and moose
22. Unbuckle your own belt using your elbows
23. Brush someone else’s teeth
24. Twerk for a minute
25. Belly dance to a country song
26. Make up a country song of the top of your head
27. Get on all fours and act like a dog until your next turn
28. Make up a short rap about another player
29. Act like Romeo from “Romeo and Juliet” (pick who you want to be Juliet)
30. Do an impression of someone until another player can guess who you are
31. Say “ya heard meh” after everything you say for the next 5 minutes
32. Act like you do not understand your own language until your next turn (come up with your own language)
33. Use the letters of the name of another player to describe them (ex. SAM : S – Silly ; A – Attractive ; M – Merry)
34. Only use sign language for the next round
35. Do pushups until it’s your turn again
36. Wear a finger moustache for the next 5 minutes
37. Only use your elbows and knees to go make a sandwich
38. Write a Facebook (or other social media) post only using your toes
39. Take a selfie with the toilet and post it online
40. Paint your toenails only using your teeth
Sources and Additional Information:
Posted by Michael Pekker at 11:29 PM