Thursday, July 21, 2016

The Noticing Game: Fun Communication Game for the First Date

Here is a great little game to help you communicate to the person on your first date or whenever you need assistance.

It's simple, easy, in-the-moment, and you can play it with a friend, your lover, on a date, or with someone you've just met – anyone.



Warning: You will both likely feel more present, playful, connected, and perhaps even turned-on after playing this game.

Directions: Two people stand or sit directly across from each other, making eye contact.

One person is A, and the other is B. A goes first.  

A: What I notice when I'm with you is…
B: Hearing that, what I'm noticing is…
A: Hearing that, what I'm noticing is…
B: Hearing that, what I'm noticing is…

Go back and forth: “Hearing that, I notice… Hearing that, I notice…”. It could be 2 minutes or 20 minutes, it's up to you, but the most popular timing is approximately 5 minutes.

You can share observations, thoughts, sensations, feelings, anything. Be open for laughter, tears, wonder, real communication – ahh... an authentic meeting.



Examples:

The other person’s physical appearance:

     *  ”…the smoothness of your skin”
     *  ”…the way your earrings jingle when you laugh”
     *  “…that you seem to be looking away a lot”
     *  ”…the gap between your front teeth when you smiled just then”

Sensations in your own body:

     *  ”…I’m feeling nervous tension in my chest”
     *  ”…I felt my shoulders relax when you smiled just now”
     *  ”…I’m feeling uncomfortable with this intense eye contact”
     *  ”…I felt giddy and turned-on when you said that”

Thoughts you’re having:

     *  ”…I’m thinking about when we first met”
     *  ”…I’m curious about how you got that scar on your forehead“
     *  ”…I’m wanting to reassure you that I don’t feel offended by your comment”

Emotions you’re feeling:

     *  ”…I’m scared that you’re upset that I pointed out the gap in your teeth”
     *  ”…I’m grateful that we’re getting to have this experience together”
     *  ”…I’m feeling frustrated that you keep breaking eye contact with me”
     *  ”…I’m excited that you noticed my earrings because I made them myself”
     *  ”…I’m feeling warmth in my chest and gratitude for you and for this moment”
     *  ”…I’m having fun playing this game!”



Notes:

Be willing to take risks. The more vulnerable, edgy and unfiltered, the more exhilarating and engaging this game becomes. This includes sharing your nervousness, attraction and even frustration.

Keep it in-the-moment. Don't prepare what you might say – let it unfold organically,
allow yourself to be surprised by what comes out of your mouth.

There's a new moon tonight – make a wish and have some fun!

Sources and Additional Information:


Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...